Recipe by Monique in LA
My teen gets bored sometimes and bakes. This was his result of a few pound cake recipes he tried and altered. I know there are tons of pound cakes but he likes this one. NOT diet food for sure. Prep time is approximate, we've never timed it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- cream together shortening, butter, and sugar until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs slowly to the mixture.
- Blend flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk/vanilla extract.
- Batter will be thick and fluffy.
- Put in greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hrs at 325 degrees. (the oven runs very hot here, so you may have to bake yours at 350).