Recipe by Hill Family
This is actually from Marie (Cody's Friend) but they are so much alike we labeled it Cody's. This is a great for a holiday morning or when your expecting a crowd for early morning meal because you make it the night before.
Top Review by CoffeeB
A very good easy, delicious and filling dish. I did mine in a 9x9 inch baking dish and used 8 slices of bread and adjusted the rest of the ingredients accordingly as well. I was only feeding 3. Made for SweetTraditions Tag.
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml butter
- 12 slice bread
- 354.88 ml milk
- 6 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup till dissolved and combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer the pan with six bread slices in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the tops of the bread slices with cinnamon & sugar.
- Cover each bread slice with a second bread slice.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over top the bread and cover. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Turn oven to 350° and cook for 40 – 45 minutes.