This is actually from Marie (Cody's Friend) but they are so much alike we labeled it Cody's. This is a great for a holiday morning or when your expecting a crowd for early morning meal because you make it the night before.
- Over medium heat mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup till dissolved and combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Layer the pan with six bread slices in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the tops of the bread slices with cinnamon & sugar.
- Cover each bread slice with a second bread slice.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over top the bread and cover. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Turn oven to 350° and cook for 40 – 45 minutes.