Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Courtesy of Cookiesfromitaly.com
- 4 cod, steaks, about 2 inches thick (about 1 and 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lb broccoli raab, washed, with hard stems removed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dried hot peppers or 1 hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup black olives, cured in oil
- extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the rape. When the water comes back to a boil, drain the rape and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and hot pepper and cook until the garlic takes on color, about 3 minutes.
- In a large baking pan, dribble the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the drained rape, the olives, and the cooked garlic and olive oil.
- Place the rape in the oven and bake it for 10 minutes, until the rape is tender when pierced with a fork. (It's fine if the rape overcooks. The leaves will get a little crispy, but the taste will be sweeter.)
- Remove the rape from the oven and push aside the vegetable to make room for the codfish steaks.
- Nestle them into the pan, season to taste with the salt, and return the pan to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
- Garnish the fish with extra virgin olive oil and serve. Serves 4.