Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious steak rolls with bacon and onion inside covered in flour. I got this recipe from a Nancy Drew cookbook and I tried it and I would like to share. I have made it once, but I am going to make it again tonight because I liked it so much! Seem like a lot of steps but it simple and tasty! ENJOY! oh and buy toothpicks to hold steak together. the toothpicks aren't named in the ingredients.
- 1 (2 lb) round steaks, 1/4-inch thick (approximately 2 pounds, I bought round steak already sliced.)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- Cut steak into 6 individual pieces (if not bought cut already).
- Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper.
- Top with bacon strips.
- Peel and cut onion into thin slices and put several on each steak.
- Roll up the meat pieces and fasten the with toothpicks.
- Lightly coat each steak roll with flour.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Fry the steak rolls until they are brown on both sides.
- Add hot water.
- Cover skillet over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Check the steak rolls several times while they are cooking and add more water if the meat begins to stick to the skillet.