Recipe by Crabzilla
My Dh likes this recipe very much, I'm still on the fence about it, but thought I'd post it to see what others think or suggest. It's from The Book Of Mexican Foods by Christine Barrett. Prep times are approximate.
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (to garnish) (optional)
- lime wedge (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Rub lime juice into fish.
- Arrange fish in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add onion, bell pepper, pumpkin seeds, and half the cilantro.
- Cook until mixture is soft, but not browned, about 5-10 minutes.
- Spread mixture over fish.
- Pour orange juice over fish.
- Cover and bake 15-20 minuts or until fish turns from translucent to opaque.
- Garnish with egg quarters, lime wedges, and remaining cilantro.