Recipe by Pets'R'us
Easy recipe, if you don't like chervil use parsley instead. Note that this one serving, use your own judgement for the salsa if you make more servings.Depending on the sweetness of the tomatoes I sometimes add a bit of sugar to the salsa. You can also use catfish or haddock.
Top Review by MarieRynr
Delicious, attractive, easy to put together, what more could you ask for! Made this last night for my boss and her DH and was well pleased with the results. I used chopped flat leaf parsley instead of the chervil as I didn't have any. Other than that I did everything exactly as stated in the recipe, except doubled all the ingredients as there were two people eating. I did sneak a small taste and was delighted! I will be making this soon at home! Thanks!
- 170.09-226.79 g cod fish fillets
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
For the salsa
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of, more to taste
- 5 cherry tomatoes, deseeded and quartered (or more)
- 1 avocado, peeled,stoned and chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml fresh chervil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cod.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan.
- Pan-fry the cod for 5-6 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Add the white wine vinegar and lime juice.
- Cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove the fish and place on a serving plate, keep warm.
- Stir the tomatoes, avocado and chervil into the pan until warmed through.
- Do a taste check, add more lime juice if needed.
- Place the warmed salsa on the fish and serve.