Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cod dish, found it in one of my cookbooks, sounds very good. Enjoy.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs fresh cod, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup hot water
- Put the oil, salt, parsley, garlic, saffron, and lemon juice into a pan broad enough to hold the fish slices side by side.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fish slices, turning them to coat both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook gently.
- When the surfaces of the fish slices turn white, after about 10 minutes, turn over the slices and moisten them with hot water.
- Bring to a boil, and serve immediately.