Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I served this to staff at a restaurant I used to work at. It was always well received.
- 1⁄2 cup light yellow miso
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 (6 ounce) cod fish fillets, cut into 2 pieces
- Preheat Broiler.
- Blend miso, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and cayenne pepper in food processor.
- With machine running, gradually pour in oil and blend until smooth.
- Place cod in a large bowl and pour half of miso mixture over fish, toss to coat and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil cod about 8 inches from heat until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes, reduce heat to 450 degrees and finish baking, about 5 minutes more.
- When fish is opaque, remove from oven and serve drizzled with remaining half of miso mixture.
I did not like the sauce for this recipe, you have to really like miso to like this recipe. Sorry.
excellent! I just made it for dinner tonight...cut down on the sugar and oil a wee bit and I used red miso (that's what I had) and it was terrific. My 4 year old son wanted the sauce on everything. My cod fillets were on the thin side, so I just broiled for the whole time. This will be a favourite.