This is nice with crusty bread to mop up the sauces. It's nice & light with lots of flavours & could easily be reduced to serve as an entree instead of a main. Cod is a favourite in Britain - you can easily buy it frozen all year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan (that has a lid) on medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, celery & garlic & saute for 3-4 minutes, taking care not to burn.
- 3Add the bacon & saute for 4 minutes.
- 4Add the puy lentils & stir to coat in the oil.
- 5Add the chopped tomatoes and bay leaves, stir and increase the heat until the liquid is boiling. Boil for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the stock, reduce the heat so the mixture is simmering, then cook for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are al dente.
- 7When the lentils are nearly done (I reckon this is about 10 minutes from the end - they will taste a bit soft but still retain a slight firmness) place the cod fillets on top of the lentil mixture, pressing slightly into the mix, squeeze the lemon over the top and put the lid on your pan. Cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 8Grind over salt & pepper to taste & serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod With Lentils & Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 342.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: