Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Baked cod with a parmesan cheese, cornmeal, and italian seasoned crumb topping.
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (3 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, oil, italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- Coat the rack of a broiling pan with cooking spray.
- Place the cod on the rack, folding under any thin edges of the filets.
- Brush with the egg white, then spoon the crumb mixture evenly on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.