Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For a simple but effective way of serving a very popular fish, try this rich and tasty cod dish.
- 4 cod steaks
- 2 large white onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Gently fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the white wine vinegar, honey, thyme, bay and rosemary. Cook gently, stirring now and then, until the onions and garlic are golden brown.
- Cut a slash into each cod steak with a sharp knife. Stuff the cod with the cooled onion and herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with remaining olive oil. Place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cod steaks.
Awesome recipe - have used it a number of times all to rave reviews. This has become a "special request" recipe of my DH!