Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From For Cod and Country
Make and share this Cod With Ginger Braised Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 4 (5 ounce) portions pacific cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (see Note)
- 1 grated orange, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk together egg white and mustard well, until white is no longer stringy. Lightly brush each fillet on one side with the egg mixture. Mix panko and orange zest and sprinkle over top of each fillet. Gently pat down to ensure that the breading adheres to the fish.
- Set the fillets on a baking sheet and broil until golden brown. Turn off broiler and move cod to lowest rack in oven to continue to cook slowly. (When done, fish should be opaque.).
- For asparagus, heat butter, ginger and garlic over medium heat in a large sauté pan. When butter begins to froth and garlic begins to soften, add asparagus so that all spears point the same direction. Season with salt and pour in the orange juice and water. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced to a glaze.
- Serve cod with asparagus and spoon any remaining glaze on top.