Recipe by Funda
I needed a quick recipe for dinner that used the cod I have in my freezer. There were none on Recipezaar! So I'm posting this one from MealMaster via RecipeSource.
Top Review by Bergy
I used Blue Cod for this recipe and it is not as flavorful as regular cod so the garlic was perfect with it. Instead of using butter or margerine I used a no-oil spray so the fish wouldn't stick to the broiler pan. I placed thin sliced garlic right on the fish rather than frying it, along with the lemon juice. Because I love spice I sprinkled a tsp of Cajum spice on the fish. The cilantro is a nice finishing touch of flavor
- 2 lbs scrod fish or 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cilantro, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fillets should be cut to make 8 servings.
- Place the fish fillets on a rack in a broiler pan.
- In a small pan cook and stir the garlic in the margarine and oil until golden brown, (DO NOT overcook). Remove garlic and set aside.
- Drizzle the margarine mixture and lemon juice over the fillets then sprinkle with the salt.
- Set oven control to broil. Broil the fish with the tops of the fillets about 3-inches from the heat until the fillets flake easily with a fork, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the reserved garlic and cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.