Recipe by Tina Lynn
When you let the lemon juice reduce, you are left with golden fillets that are snow white on the inside.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 10 stalks asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 shallots, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Parboil (approx 3 minutes) asparagus in 1 cup water.
- Discard water, set asparagus aside.
- Sear shallots in olive oil set aside.
- Sear fillets in same pan of olive oil 2 minutes each side.
- Add juice, dill, pepper, asparagus, and garlic.
- Allow to reduce slightly.
- Add remaining water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Turn fillets allow to cook another 4 minutes.
- May I suggest serving with brown rice.