Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I dislike fish, but my husband loves it. I made this a few nights ago and he really enjoyed it. It's from the Campbell's Classic Recipes cookbook.
- 1 lb fresh cod fish fillet
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup salsa or 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Place fish in a 2-qt shallow baking dish.
- Mix, soup, broth, salsa, lime juice, cilantro, oregano and garlic powder. Pour over fish. Bake at 400 for 20 minute or until fish flakes easily. Serve over rice.
I didn't particularly care for this version of cod vera cruz. I guess because of the canned soups, there was no fresh taste to it. The soup was real watery. I think I'll look for another recipe that uses fresh tomatoes.