Recipe by The Foodgitive
This dish is abundant with vibrant colors of tasty vegetables. I am making this dish with cod, but this light dish will taste great with salmon, tilapia or any other white fish.
- 4 cod fish fillets, about 6 oz each
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 lemons, -use 1 lemon to zest making sure not to use white plithy part-and juice it- and use the other to cut
- 8 tablespoons white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped black olives (I use Gaeta olives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Pat dry each cod filet.
- Place filets in a large square of foil.
- Brush each filet with olive oil.
- Season each with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Mix together breadrumbs, the zest of one lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil and capers.
- Place breadcrumb mixture on filets and pat mixture to adhere to fish.
- Place 1 lemon slice on each filet.
- Arrange tomatoes, onions and olives on fish.
- Fold and pinch together two sides of the packet, and fold up the other two sides.
- Pour two tablespoons of white wine and 1 tbsp lemon juice in each packet.
- Fold and pinch together entire packet, making sure not to rip foil.
- Arrange fish packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
- Be careful not to burn yourself while removing from packet-juice & all.