1/1 Photo of Cod & Vegetable Foil Packets
The Foodgitive's Note:
This dish is abundant with vibrant colors of tasty vegetables. I am making this dish with cod, but this light dish will taste great with salmon, tilapia or any other white fish.
My Private Note
Fish Fi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cod fish fillets, about 6 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 lemons, -use 1 lemon to zest making sure not to use white plithy part-and juice it- and use the other to cut
- 8 tablespoons white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped black olives (I use Gaeta olives)
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees
- 2Pat dry each cod filet.
- 3Place filets in a large square of foil.
- 4Brush each filet with olive oil.
- 5Season each with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- 6Mix together breadrumbs, the zest of one lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil and capers.
- 7Place breadcrumb mixture on filets and pat mixture to adhere to fish.
- 8Place 1 lemon slice on each filet.
- 9Arrange tomatoes, onions and olives on fish.
- 10Fold and pinch together two sides of the packet, and fold up the other two sides.
- 11Pour two tablespoons of white wine and 1 tbsp lemon juice in each packet.
- 12Fold and pinch together entire packet, making sure not to rip foil.
- 13Arrange fish packets on a baking sheet.
- 14Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 15Remove from pan and serve immediately.
- 16Be careful not to burn yourself while removing from packet-juice & all.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod & Vegetable Foil Packets
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 917.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 44.8 g