Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 18 mins
Mom makes this for Lenten Fridays Easter and cold days. Really excellent fortifying soup. Before you START SOUP: Wash, then soak Cod in cold water 3 days and 2 nights, changing the water several times. Wash again before cooking. Add cold water to large kettle;put fish in. Cook about 3 hours. Clean skin off and shred from bone. Now it is ready. Get "Ingredients" out and proceed with "Directions."
- Saute onions in hot oil until golden brown.
- Then add garlic, paprika, red pepper.
- To this, add the prepared cod fish which you prepared above in "Description.".
- Stir ingredients well for about 5 minutes, making sure it does not stick to pan.
- Then add the broth the cod fish was cooked inches.
- Add water if needed.
- Cook until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.