Recipe by AcadiaTwo
I had some left over sauteed mushrooms and a 1/2 pound boneless cod filet, so I decided to try something different. The fish was moist and the topping was flavorful.
Top Review by duonyte
We found this a little bland for our tastes. i had sauteed a chopped onion along with the mushrooms, but next time would probably add a little paprika or garlic to the fish. It was very moist and easy to prepare. I actually used an oven-safe skillet, so saved washing one pan.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavored cracker (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crush crackers with rolling pin finely in a plastic bag.
- In a frying pan, saute sliced mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter (I use the microwave at 20 sec. intervals).
- Drizzle melted butter into baking dish.
- Cut the cod filet into 4 equal pieces and place into baking dish.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and drizzle it over the fish.
- Cover fish with cracker crumbs.
- Cover cracker crumbs with sauteed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle basil and cheese over mushrooms.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.