1/1 Photo of Cod & Potato Tapas
13 hrs 45 mins
These are delicious. I first tasted them in Kensington Market at a Portugese bakery. Later I saw them at a Tapas Bar. I don't know the Spanish name for them but one of my cheffy buddies got me the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and soak the cod 12 hours or overnight in several changes of cold water.
- 2Drain, place in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer until fish flakes easily when poked with a knife about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain , cool and remove skin and bones.
- 4Shred finely in the food processor making sure ther are no chunks.
- 5Combine cod, potatoes, onion, parsley , lemon juice, nutmeg and pepper. taste and adjust seasoning.
- 6Stir in eggs to form a firm , malleable mixture.
- 7Using a dessert spoon scoop up a heaping spoon full of cod mixture. With a second dessert spoon cupped over the first press and form a rounded oval allowing excess to fall back into bowl. Place on a tray. continue with rest of mixture.
- 8In 3 inches of oil heated to 375F deep fry ovals about 8 at a time till golden and crisp. Drain immediately.
- 9Serve with lemon and olives.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod & Potato Tapas
Serving Size: 1 (1590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 669.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g