- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups bread dressing (Newfoundland dressing Newfoundland Dressing for Turkey)
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and spread into a 13x5 casserole dish.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Place into the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chopped onions onto potato layer.
- Place a layer of fish fillets on top of the potatoes and onions layer.
- Place layer of dressing on top of fish fillets.
- Bake in 375°F oven for about 30 minutes (30 minutes in convection oven, may take longer in conventional oven). Cook until fish is flaky and dressing has browned.