Recipe by CulinaryQueen
The Portuguese are great fish eaters, situated as they are right on the rich Atlantic sea board. One of their favourite fish is cod, but you can use any other white fish in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 orange, juice of
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) cod fish fillets, skin removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a heavy fry pan and saute the onion, garlic and pepper for about 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika and orange juice. Season, stir well and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Lay the fish fillets on top, cutting them to fit the pan if necessary.
- Season lightly, cover and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked but still firm.
- Transfer to serving dishes and sprinkle with parsley.