In 'The Best Recipes in the World' by Mark Bittman; France
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Put the butter in a small skillet and turn the heat to medium.
- 3Add the onion and a sprinkling of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not yet beginning to brown.
- 4Turn off the heat.
- 5Transfer the onion to a flameproof ceramic or nonstick baking dish just large enough to contain the fish.
- 6Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and put it over the onion.
- 7Pour the cider around all and bring to a boil on top of the stove.
- 8Cover with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish is done (a thin-bladed knife inserted into its center will meet little resistance).
- 9Garnish with parsley and serve the fish with onion and juices spoon over it.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Poached in Cider
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sparkling apple cider