Recipe by fraxinus
A mildly sweet sauce that complements the mild taste of the cod filets. The curry flavor is very mild, but that is my curry powder, yours might be hotter. I like to serve it over basmati rice.
- 20 ounces cod fish fillets
- 1 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (100 ml) canseasoned tomato sauce
- 1 (100 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon masala curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté fennel and carrots in a small amount of oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add white wine, tomato sauce, and curry powder to the fennel and carrots; bring to a simmer.
- Add the coconut milk and stir to combine; bring back to a simmer.
- Place cod filets in sauce and cover for 3 minute Flip the fillets and simmer another 3 minutes.