1/4 Photos of Cod Patties With Two Dipping Sauces
The Flying Chef's Note:
I made these as I had some sweet potato to use up and some left over prawns that I needed to use in something, they turned out very good for so few ingredients. The sauces were both good we prefered the pickle relish sauce but the creamy boursin sauce was lovely too, I think that it was just becuase of the tang of the other one, that paired it that bit better with the cod patties. Anyway considering both were experimental I was pleased with both. I served this for 3 as I knew my men would eat 3 patties each and I only two and accompanied it with a green salad. I think this would easily serve 4, 2 patties perperson with a nice salad and some crusty bread perfect. If you want to make these for a BBQ I would make the patties much smaller to yield more, as if having accompanied with other meats you don't want them as main meal size portrions, I think you would probaly get 15-20 patties then.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g cod fish fillets, chopped
- 200 g green prawns, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet potato (about 250g)
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes Japanese breadcrums (I used just over a cup but not quite 3/4)
Tangy Relish Sauce
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mild creamy mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Creamy Boursin Sauce
- 1Peel and chop sweet potato, add to boiling water and boil until tender, drain, mash, allow to cool.
- 2Blend or process cod, prawns and egg until well blended, little chunks of cod and prawns are fine, you don't want big whole bits of cod or prawn.
- 3Add onions, parsley, garlic and potato, stir to combine, making sure all ingredients are well blended. Refrigerate mix while you make the sauces. (don't worry I have not forgot the panko!).
- 4Tangy Relish Sauce.
- 5Combine relish, mayo, mustard and juice in a small bowl, place in fridge until needed.
- 6Creamy Boursin Sauce.
- 7Combine boursin, mayo and milk, mix, until smooth, add lemon juice, chives, mustard and green onion, stir to combine, again place in fridge until needed.
- 8Back to the patties.
- 9Remove fish mix from fridge, pour your panko flakes onto a plate.
- 10Heat some olive oil in a pan, takes spoonfuls of fish mix and shape into patties (it will be quite sticky don't worry) Coat the outside of each pattie with panko flakes. (I do this instead of mixing panko into mixture as it gives the patties a lovely crisp finish to the outside.
- 11Add patties to the pan and cook until nicely browned on both sides and cooked through, serve with dipping sauces.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Patties With Two Dipping Sauces
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.1
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 176.7 mg
- Sodium 1155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: