Recipe by My Food Coach
This is a simple but hearty recipe -- full of flavor, lean protein and fiber!
Top Review by dfunch
Excellen and easy. I used red peppers instead of green because I had them. Upped garlic a bit. Used fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Added a sprinkle of crushed red pepper for a little extra flavor.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces frozen cod fish fillets or 16 ounces frozen whiting fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove fish from freezer, unwrap and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Sautee the first 3 ingredients in olive oil, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, briefly sauté.
- Add canned tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and pepper.
- Stir fish into mixture. Cover, simmer 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Add parsley to mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to package directions, so that it is finished cooking when cod mixture is ready.
- In individual bowls serve cod mixture over brown rice.