Recipe by babyiguana
I invented this recipe because my son loves pasta and cod fish. I would make this even for visitors or for nice evening with the family, lm sure you will enjoy it. Here in Portugal we unsalt our own codfish but, lm sure you can buy frozen Cod that has previously been unsalted (saves some trouble) If you want the experience of unsalting the Codfish yourself, l recommend the forum on Portugal the procedures there are specific--please don’t use fresh Cod for this recipe it will definitely not taste the same. Enjoy
Top Review by mpleuchet
I followed this recipe as written and it looked good, but it only received a shoulder shrug at the dinner table from the family. All agreed that it wasn't a failed dinner, but not something they would want to enjoy again.
- 1 medium onion, finly diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finly diced
3 Cups of Milk
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 709.77 ml of flaked cod (read the instructions it shows how to flake the Cod to get three cups)
- 473.18 ml frozen clams (fresh clams you have to take the time to get all the sand out)
- 1.23 ml pepper (to taste)
- salt, only when the sauce has been made remember the Cod has salt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- 14.79-29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put three large Cod sections in a pan with the milk and bring to a boil. Remember to not over boil or the cod will turn out dry. About 3-5 minutes (with a fork check to see if it starts to flake).
- Set Codfish aside on a separate plate to cool.
- To the milk add the corn starch, nutmeg, pepper, parmesan and boil until thickness of a béchamel sauce. Set aside.
- Put Clams in a pan with the lid on so as not to lose any of the steam, do not add water. When they open they are done. Discard any unopened clams, this takes about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the clam water to the milk sauce and stir.
- Start to flake with the aid of a fork the Cod. Discard any skin or fish bones.
- In a large fry pan add butter, onions, garlic. Sauté, and when done add the flaked Codfish.
- Boil your pasta with a dash of salt. When done remove the water.
- Pour béchamel sauce into the Codfish pan and heat up. Add the pasta and mix gently.
- Transfer the pasta do a nice serving dish and garnish with the clams.