I invented this recipe because my son loves pasta and cod fish. I would make this even for visitors or for nice evening with the family, lm sure you will enjoy it. Here in Portugal we unsalt our own codfish but, lm sure you can buy frozen Cod that has previously been unsalted (saves some trouble) If you want the experience of unsalting the Codfish yourself, l recommend the forum on Portugal the procedures there are specific--please don’t use fresh Cod for this recipe it will definitely not taste the same. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
3 Cups of Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups of flaked cod (read the instructions it shows how to flake the Cod to get three cups)
- 2 cups frozen clams (fresh clams you have to take the time to get all the sand out)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- salt, only when the sauce has been made remember the Cod has salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Put three large Cod sections in a pan with the milk and bring to a boil. Remember to not over boil or the cod will turn out dry. About 3-5 minutes (with a fork check to see if it starts to flake).
- 2Set Codfish aside on a separate plate to cool.
- 3To the milk add the corn starch, nutmeg, pepper, parmesan and boil until thickness of a béchamel sauce. Set aside.
- 4Put Clams in a pan with the lid on so as not to lose any of the steam, do not add water. When they open they are done. Discard any unopened clams, this takes about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- 5Add the clam water to the milk sauce and stir.
- 6Start to flake with the aid of a fork the Cod. Discard any skin or fish bones.
- 7In a large fry pan add butter, onions, garlic. Sauté, and when done add the flaked Codfish.
- 8Boil your pasta with a dash of salt. When done remove the water.
- 9Pour béchamel sauce into the Codfish pan and heat up. Add the pasta and mix gently.
- 10Transfer the pasta do a nice serving dish and garnish with the clams.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Fish Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.3 mg
- Sodium 374.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 64.9 g