Recipe by GiddyUpGo
I used this recipe for week 30 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook on meal from every nation on Earth, and Bermuda is my 30th stop. Please note that I never use any recipe for my blog that I'm not reasonably sure is from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. These cod fish cakes are really more like potato cakes with a little bit of cod meat added. I think they work best as a side dish.
- 1 lb cod
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 small onion (chopped or grated)
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fish and flake it with a fork.
- Mix the fish with the mashed potatoes. Beat the egg in a large bowl, then add it to the potato mixture.
- Mix well, then season with the salt, pepper, thyme, parsley and onion. Dust a large plate with flour, then shape the mixture into patties and arrange on the plate. Dust the tops with a little more flour.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a skillet and add the fish cakes. Fry on both sides until golden brown.