- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) cod fish fillets (or other fish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven on broil setting.
- Using a broiling rack, arrange fish fillets on rack, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and lemon juice.
- Place fish in oven on the rack closest to the broiler.
- Meanwhile, coat a non stick frying pan with cooking spray, add 1 tsp.
- olive oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and cook five to 10 more minutes.
- When fish is white in the center and starts to flake, remove from oven and top with tomato and spinach relish.
- Serve over a bed of fresh spinach leaves or a bed of wild rice.