1/2 Photos of Cod Fillets With Orange and Cracked Green Olive Salsa
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is exquisitely delicious! Based on a recipe from Diane Kochilas’ Against the Grain cookbook. She says, “Oranges and olives are the telltale signs of the cooking of Morocco, whence this fresh cod dish originally hails.” Cooking time includes the 1 hour the salsa chills in the 'fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small navel orange
- 4 plum tomatoes, fresh, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted Greek, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram or 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2Zest the orange (i.e., scrape the orange against the fine-toothed side of a cheese grater) and reserve for the fish. Peel the orange, completely removing the pith. Cut it into 1/4 –inch dice.
- 3In a bowl, combine all the salsa ingredients, cover, and let stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- 5Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 6Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish large enough to fit the fish in one layer.
- 7Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Place fish in the pan.
- 9Sprinkle the fish with the lemon and orange zests.
- 10Drizzle olive oil over the fish.
- 11Bake for about 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook.
- 12Remove to a platter, spoon salsa and any pan juices over, and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Fillets With Orange and Cracked Green Olive Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.1
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 454.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: