Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Light and refreshingly not overly sweet. Use store bought or make my Lemon Curd Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd.
- Mix the 6 ingredients for the glaze topping, set aside.
- Season fish with salt and pepper dust with flour.
- Heat butter over mediun heat till butter stops sizzling and start to turn tan. Add fillets just to brown on both sides.
- Top each fillet with all the glaze and place in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Just till it flakes.
- Remove fish and place 1/3 cup water in pan to deglaze and stir and reduce till thickened. Pour over fish.
- Nice served over rice.
Simple, fast, and delicious: What more could you ask for? I should mention that we didn't deglaze the pan for additional sauce. The fish was so nicely glazed right out of the oven that we didn't feel the need. Thanks, ~Rita~, for a real winner.
I did a very dangerous thing. I served this dish to 6 dinner guests without trying it first. But, I had no worries since RitaL's recipes are almost always trustworthy. Everyone raved, and I now have a reputation among these new friends as a great cook! Thank you Rita. I kept the fish in the skillet, just covering them after browning and spreading with the yummy lemon curd sauce. Please use the fresh grated ginger if you can, it makes such a difference. However, I confess to using store bought lemon curd and it worked just fine. This dish came together, after making the sauce earlier in the afternoon, in just about 10 minutes from start to finish, so it gets 5*s for ease of preparation as well as for flavor and appearance...a perfect recipe! My Thai Coconut Rice Thai Coconut Rice, and some sesame stir fried pea pods and shitaki mushrooms were nice accompaniments. I highly recommend this recipe!
Wow, Rita...this is one great recipe! It was so easy to put together, and the results look and taste like I made an enormous effort. As an added bonus, it was sweet enough that I don't feel like I need dessert now. :) Thanks for sharing this one! I'll bet I use the rest of my jar of lemon curd to make this recipe a few more times.