Recipe by dmcpherr
A great healthy meal. The vegetable ragout is terrific! From Gourmet Magazine, April, 1999
- 24 ounces cod fish fillets, skinless
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 5 plum tomatoes, halved (about 3/4 pound total)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped before measuring
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Season cod with salt and pepper. In a large shallow baking pan toss zucchini, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, garlic, and thyme with oil and salt and pepper to taste and spread in one layer. Roast vegetables in middle of oven 20 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Arrange fish over vegetables and roast 7 minutes, or until it just flakes with a fork.
- While vegetables and fish are roasting, in a small skillet toast bread crumbs with parsley and salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about
- 5 minutes.
- Transfer fish carefully to a plate and keep warm, covered. To vegetables add water, soy sauce, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan and break up tomatoes. Divide ragout among 4 plates and top with fish and bread crumbs.
- Serves 4.