Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
From "The South Beach Diet" copyright 2003. Phase two recipe. Adapted to serve 4. The original instructions are for cooking in a microwave. I make this in the oven and have included those instructions.
- 4 cod steaks, 1-inch thick (about 2 2/3 lbs)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- Cut four 2-foot lengths of parchment paper and fold each in half to make a 1 foot square.
- Place one cod steak slightly below the middle of each square of paper.
- Over each steak, sprinkle 1/4 of the lemon juice, mushrooms, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon "butter.".
- Fold the parchment over the fish and crimp the edges together tightly.
- Place 2 of the packets, side by side, in a microwavable 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Microwave on high for 6 minutes, rotating the dish after 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Center on 12" x 18" heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bring up the sides and double-fold tops & ends to seal.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.