From "The South Beach Diet" copyright 2003. Phase two recipe. Adapted to serve 4. The original instructions are for cooking in a microwave. I make this in the oven and have included those instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cod steaks, 1-inch thick (about 2 2/3 lbs)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Cut four 2-foot lengths of parchment paper and fold each in half to make a 1 foot square.
- 2Place one cod steak slightly below the middle of each square of paper.
- 3Over each steak, sprinkle 1/4 of the lemon juice, mushrooms, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion.
- 4Top each with 1 tablespoon "butter.".
- 5Fold the parchment over the fish and crimp the edges together tightly.
- 6Place 2 of the packets, side by side, in a microwavable 13x9x2 baking dish.
- 7Microwave on high for 6 minutes, rotating the dish after 3 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 450.
- 10Center on 12" x 18" heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 11Bring up the sides and double-fold tops & ends to seal.
- 12Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod En Papillote
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread