Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe started out as The Chancery Pub and Restaurant Cod Dinner, but I changed it up a bit and added a cream sauce that I think 'makes' it. This is really very simple. It is best to make the garlic wine butter ahead of time and you can also cut up the vegetables - this is the most time consuming part of the entire meal. Once you have prepared the vegetables, the meal comes together very quickly and it is truly delicious. This is a meal fit for company.
Wine Garlic Butter
- 226.79 g butter, softened
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml chicken base
- 9.85 ml basil
- 9.85 ml parsley flakes
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml Chardonnay wine
- 473.18 ml jasmine rice
- 709.77 ml water
- 3.69 ml salt
- 56.69 g yellow squash, 1/2 moons
- 56.69 g broccoli, buds
- 56.69 g matchstick carrots
White Wine Garlic Cream Sauce
- 44.37 ml flour
- 354.88-473.18 ml milk (to make sauce to the desired consistency)
- Jasmine Rice.
- Simmer 20 minutes in a small sauce pot with a tight cover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Side Vegetables.
- Make sure vegetables are cut-up very small and squash is sliced thin.
- I used small yellow squash.
- Mix ingredients in a small bag.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds or until tender.
- Or prepare in a steamer and steam until just tender.
- I use a microwave rice-cooker/steamer from WalMart – works great.
- Cod Fillets.
- Place cod on a sizzler platter and top with 1oz garlic wine butter.
- Bake at 500°F for 11 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F or more.
- Fish will flake when done.
- Cream Sauce.
- Prepare cream sauce while fish cooks.
- Melt 4 T butter in small saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Cook for a few minutes until thickened and covers the back of the spoon.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Add more milk if sauce appears too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put rice in bottom of a bowl at center.
- Place cooked cod, and all cooking juice, over the rice.
- Place all the vegetables around the rice.
- Top with the cream sauce.