Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe started out as The Chancery Pub and Restaurant Cod Dinner, but I changed it up a bit and added a cream sauce that I think 'makes' it. This is really very simple. It is best to make the garlic wine butter ahead of time and you can also cut up the vegetables - this is the most time consuming part of the entire meal. Once you have prepared the vegetables, the meal comes together very quickly and it is truly delicious. This is a meal fit for company.
Wine Garlic Butter
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 2 ounces yellow squash, 1/2 moons
- 2 ounces broccoli, buds
- 2 ounces matchstick carrots
White Wine Garlic Cream Sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk (to make sauce to the desired consistency)
- Jasmine Rice.
- Simmer 20 minutes in a small sauce pot with a tight cover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Side Vegetables.
- Make sure vegetables are cut-up very small and squash is sliced thin.
- I used small yellow squash.
- Mix ingredients in a small bag.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds or until tender.
- Or prepare in a steamer and steam until just tender.
- I use a microwave rice-cooker/steamer from WalMart – works great.
- Cod Fillets.
- Place cod on a sizzler platter and top with 1oz garlic wine butter.
- Bake at 500°F for 11 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F or more.
- Fish will flake when done.
- Cream Sauce.
- Prepare cream sauce while fish cooks.
- Melt 4 T butter in small saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Cook for a few minutes until thickened and covers the back of the spoon.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Add more milk if sauce appears too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put rice in bottom of a bowl at center.
- Place cooked cod, and all cooking juice, over the rice.
- Place all the vegetables around the rice.
- Top with the cream sauce.