Khandi Howard's Note:
This recipe started out as The Chancery Pub and Restaurant Cod Dinner, but I changed it up a bit and added a cream sauce that I think 'makes' it. This is really very simple. It is best to make the garlic wine butter ahead of time and you can also cut up the vegetables - this is the most time consuming part of the entire meal. Once you have prepared the vegetables, the meal comes together very quickly and it is truly delicious. This is a meal fit for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Wine Garlic Butter
- 1/2 lb butter, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay wine
White Wine Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1Jasmine Rice.
- 2Simmer 20 minutes in a small sauce pot with a tight cover.
- 3Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Side Vegetables.
- 6Make sure vegetables are cut-up very small and squash is sliced thin.
- 7I used small yellow squash.
- 8Mix ingredients in a small bag.
- 9Heat in microwave for 30 seconds or until tender.
- 10Or prepare in a steamer and steam until just tender.
- 11I use a microwave rice-cooker/steamer from WalMart – works great.
- 12Cod Fillets.
- 13Place cod on a sizzler platter and top with 1oz garlic wine butter.
- 14Bake at 500°F for 11 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F or more.
- 15Fish will flake when done.
- 16Cream Sauce.
- 17Prepare cream sauce while fish cooks.
- 18Melt 4 T butter in small saucepan.
- 19Add the flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- 20Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- 21Cook for a few minutes until thickened and covers the back of the spoon.
- 22Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 23Add more milk if sauce appears too thick.
- 24Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 26Put rice in bottom of a bowl at center.
- 27Place cooked cod, and all cooking juice, over the rice.
- 28Place all the vegetables around the rice.
- 29Top with the cream sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod Dinner by Khandi
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.2
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 988.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g