Recipe by hotdish
This is a recipe i adapted from one i saw on tv. They can be made ahead and fried OR baked right before serving.
- 3⁄4 lb cod fish fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped very fine
- 1 celery rib, chopped very fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish (you can use dill if preferred,which I do)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayo,relish, lemon juice and tabasco together. Set aside.
- Poach cod fillets and let cool.
- Flake cod into bowl.
- Saute carrots,scallions,and celery in melted butter ans season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables to cod.
- Add egg, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Form into patties.
- Roll patties around in remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Place patties in oil and fry on both sides until brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
- (if you prefer to bake them, spritz top of each croquette with a little oil and bake at 375 unitl brown and crispy).