Recipe by chia
I am not big on fish, but I love this dish!
Top Review by P4
Wonderful codcakes! I made a couple of modifications: I used shallot instead of green onion, and I sauteed the shallot and green pepper together until just soft before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients. Otherwise, all the same. They were wonderful! I served them with some parslied orzo. I'd like to try them with fresh breadcrumbs next time and see what difference it might make.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs (or plain breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook potato in microwave 5 minutes until tender.
- Mash and cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and shape into 12 patties.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to skillet and add 6 patties, cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and add cooked patties.
- Repeat, then add 12 patties to oven, bake for 10 minutes and serve with sauce.