Recipe by wizkid
This comes from The Encyclopedia of European Cooking. It is one of the easiest dishes you could cook. The book recommends you serve it with mashed potatoes. I made this in little individual ovenproof bowls and served it as a starter.
Top Review by megola3000
This is incredibly easy - I've made it with cod fillets and red snapper fillets. I skipped the parsley and used onion and garlic powder instead of the chopped onion. It is really delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry cod fillets.
- Place in a buttered casserole and season with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle parsley and onion over it.
- Cover with mayonnaise.
- Bake in a pre-heated hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs over it and bake another 5 minutes.