Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from The Encyclopedia of European Cooking. It is one of the easiest dishes you could cook. The book recommends you serve it with mashed potatoes. I made this in little individual ovenproof bowls and served it as a starter.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Wash and dry cod fillets.
- Place in a buttered casserole and season with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle parsley and onion over it.
- Cover with mayonnaise.
- Bake in a pre-heated hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs over it and bake another 5 minutes.
This is incredibly easy - I've made it with cod fillets and red snapper fillets. I skipped the parsley and used onion and garlic powder instead of the chopped onion. It is really delicious!