1/1 Photo of Cod and Potato Croquettes
1 hr 5 mins
This is a great appetizer for party functions. Or to just have in the fridge for brunch. You can prepare the Cod and Potatoes ahead to save time, by soaking Cod in water and boiling your potatoes. That's what I do. The Cod I use is bagged, and salted. Should be available in your super market next to the frozen or fresh fish section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces dry salted cod (soaked overnight in water)
- 5 medium potatoes (peeled, cooked and mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine or 5 tablespoons any kind broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1after soaking cod overnight, change water.
- 2place cod in pot with enough water to cover it and boil cod for 15-20 minutes.
- 3remove from stove top, drain, let it cool and flake.
- 4peel and boil the potatoes in pot with a bit of salt, drain potatoes, and mash.
- 5let potatoes cool (I stick them in the freezer for quick cooling).
- 6place potatoes, cod, parsley, eggs, onions, nutmeg, garlic powder, pepper in a bowl and mix together.
- 7now add the wine or broth until you get a nice mashed potato consistency.
- 8taste for salt and add if needed.
- 9heat oil in deep fryer or a wok until very hot.
- 10reduce heat to medium, high.
- 11grab mixture with a tablespoon, with an other tablespoon grab same mixture working with tablespoons from back to front, until you get an oval shape patty.
- 12drop it into very hot oil.
- 13and fry until golden brown, turning patty to brown on both sides.
- 14remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- 15Note: do NOT place more then 6 patty's into oil so not to cause oil to over flow.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cod and Potato Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 256.2 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g