Recipe by Lorraine
Modified this recipe from an oldie. Delicious! Easy to prepare. Keeps well in air tight container.
Top Review by Shirley&Olivia
These are delicious. It was a little difficult to "fold" the melted chocolate chips into the eggwhite mixture, as the chocolate tended to harden with contact with the cool ingredients. So I actually had to mix quite vigorously to incorporate all of the ingredients. They turned out fine though. I took them even one step further by melting additional chocolate chips to dip the bottoms of the cookies in after they were baked and cooled.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted nuts (your preference)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (7 ounce) bag coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Let cool slightly.
- Beat eggwhites to stiff peaks.
- Fold in sugar, coconut, chocolate, nuts, salt and vanilla.
- Drop mounds onto a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 min.
- Cool on pan.