Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Toasted coconut and cooked carrots; quite good together. A different way to make the same-old carrots.
- 8 medium carrots, about 1 1/2 lbs, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Steam/boil the sliced carrots until fork-tender; drain well.
- Gently toss the hot carrots with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a serving bowl; serve.
Another very nice way to dress up those ol' carrots, & so easy to put together, too! The toasted coconut flakes added a nice flavor! Definitely a 'keeper' recipe! Made & reviewed for the "I RECOMMEND" RECIPE TAG Game
This was an unusual carrot dish. The addition of nutmeg made it almost exotic. I used large coconut flakes instead of the shredded. I changed nothing else. Very nice recipe Parsley.