I have been in search of a recipe for an alternative whipped topping for some time now. I don't want any chemicals or dairy in it. I came across this today from Vegsource.com. but changed a few things to suit my needs. This is creamy and light and absolutely delicious.
- Put the can of coconut milk/cream in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- I have found it works much better when you leave it for a few days. Also chill your bowl and whisk if you use these. They will definitely help with the whipping.
- Open the can and remove the coagulated cream from the top of the can. Save the rest for something else.
- Whip the coconut cream until thick and fluffy.
- Gently beat in the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep in the fridge.
- Use ASAP.
- For a stiffer topping whip in some soft vegetarian gelatin or powdered agar agar in equal amounts.
- Bon Appetit!