Recipe by JeannieJet
A delicious biscotti. I made this one year and took a bag to my granddaughter's basketball game. My daughter and granddaughter ate it all on the way home. They both just loved it. The kids all ask for it when they come home for Christmas. They also like us to bring some when we visit. It travels well.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and the butter. Stir in the coconut extract and the eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the coconut and walnuts.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece out into a log about 10 inches long. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet and flatten them til they are 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Slice the logs crosswise into 1/2 inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down onto the baking sheet.
- Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. Until crisp and light brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.