Recipe by Charlotte J
I've been saving this since 1997 from McCall's magazine. Here are the last three recipes. Go to Chicken Soup With Matzo Balls to read more.
- cooking spray
- 1 (7 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; lightly coat with cooking spray (if using nonstick pans or liners, do not use cooking spray).
- In large bowl, toss coconut with sugar until evenly coated. In small bowl, combine egg whites, vanilla and salt until blended. Add to coconut mixture; blend well with spatula.
- On prepared baking sheet, form heaping table-spoonfuls of mixture into 15 mounds, 2 inches apart. Bake 15 minutes or until bottoms are golden and tops start to brown (centers will be slightly soft). Let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet; remove with spatula to wire rack; let cool completely on rack. Best served the same day, but can be stored overnight in airtight container.