Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Executive chef Goran Streng of the Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki. Cooking time is approximate.
Make and share this Coconut Ulu ( Breadfruit) Smash recipe from Food.com.
- Steam chunks of breadfruit until soft but not mushy.
- When done, rough chop while still hot and measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Warm coconut milk in a large sauce-pan on medium heat.
- Add breadfruit to warm coconut milk.
- Mix well with a whip to make a thick puree.
- Adjust thickness with coconut milk and mix until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and add chives.
- Mix well and serve immediately.