From Executive chef Goran Streng of the Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki. Cooking time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam chunks of breadfruit until soft but not mushy.
- 2When done, rough chop while still hot and measure 1 1/2 cups.
- 3Warm coconut milk in a large sauce-pan on medium heat.
- 4Add breadfruit to warm coconut milk.
- 5Mix well with a whip to make a thick puree.
- 6Adjust thickness with coconut milk and mix until smooth.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and add chives.
- 8Mix well and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Ulu ( Breadfruit) Smash
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g