Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is a new recipe that I just tried yet. Wow! What flavor!! Just right for the Christmas goodie platter. I tried a batch with the dark rum and then tried another using Malibu, a light coconut rum. I really prefer the Malibu rum in this recipe.
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate (i.e. Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup dry-roasted salted macadamia nut
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- Finely chop white chocolate until fine and place in a bowl.
- Pulse nuts in food processor until finely ground Bring cream to a simmer in a medium skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Whisk in white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a 8-inch square baking pan that has been lined with plastic wrap and chill, uncovered, for about 4 hours.
- Invert onto a work surface and remove plastic wrap.
- Cut into 64 squares and roll each piece between your palms to form a ball.
- When all balls are formed, roll in coconut to cover completely.
- Store truffles covered and in the fridge until ready to serve.
Simply phenomenal! I used a white chocolate bar with coconut in it that is made by Lindt and available at CostCo's World Market. THANK YOU for sharing this recipe!
I tried this truffle to add variety to the candy tray I am planning to carry to my grandkids school for the teachers and staff one day next week. I used the Malibu rum and they came out so nice. Not too much alcohol flavor. I dyed some of the coconut with red and green food coloring to and they looked very attractive on my plate.