Recipe by Aroostook
This is a new recipe that I just tried yet. Wow! What flavor!! Just right for the Christmas goodie platter. I tried a batch with the dark rum and then tried another using Malibu, a light coconut rum. I really prefer the Malibu rum in this recipe.
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate (i.e. Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup dry-roasted salted macadamia nut
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop white chocolate until fine and place in a bowl.
- Pulse nuts in food processor until finely ground Bring cream to a simmer in a medium skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in rum.
- Whisk in white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a 8-inch square baking pan that has been lined with plastic wrap and chill, uncovered, for about 4 hours.
- Invert onto a work surface and remove plastic wrap.
- Cut into 64 squares and roll each piece between your palms to form a ball.
- When all balls are formed, roll in coconut to cover completely.
- Store truffles covered and in the fridge until ready to serve.