Recipe by Sharon123
Rich tasting and so delish! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. This was entered in the Hot Drinks catagory by Aubrey Shaner from Orem, Ut., and won $400!
Top Review by Annacia
Even with my trimmed down subs this was outstanding. Here's the rundown: for the coconut milk I used Recipe #187372 and for the sweetened condensed milk I used Recipe #319169. I saved so much fat and calories by using the subs that I didn't have a second thought about using chocolate whipped cream and 1/10 of an ounce of chocolate shavings. Oh happy day :D
- 3 cups low-fat milk (or whole milk)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine the low fat milk, coconut milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Whisk in cocoa powder until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. You may add more sugar if desired.
- Serve in mugs topped with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Enjoy!