Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 250 g shortcrust pastry dough, thawed if frozen
- plain flour, for dusting
- 50 -75 g desiccated coconut
- 350 g golden syrup
- 125 g double cream
- 1⁄2 finely grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use it to line a 20cm/8-inch loose-bottomed quiche or flan tin, reserving the pastry trimmings. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and leave to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix the syrup, coconut, double cream, grated lemon and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and decorate the tart with a lattice pattern from the pastry cuttings if you wish.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 190C/375F for about 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is just set and looks golden brown.
- Leave the tart to cool slightly in the tin, then serve.